Are you getting tired of your favorite brunch drink? You need to try something different! Brunch is open to all drinks, but it’s true that certain boozy beverages are more popular than others.
Although popular cocktails such as mimosas and Bloody Marys are great choices for morning alcoholic drinks, there are many other options. There are so many brunch cocktails available, how can you choose which one? We compiled a list of the top brunch cocktails, ranked them from mildly spiked to strong and boozy, to help you make a decision.
Lightly Spiked Classic Brunch Cocktails
These brunch cocktails have lower ABV (alcohol per volume) than other options. These delicious cocktails are enough to give you that relaxed Sunday brunch vibe.
Kahlua Iced coffee
Kahlua, a Mexican coffee liqueur made from rum, sugar and Arabica beans is called “Kahlua”. You can mix it with iced coffee to get a spiked version your morning caffeine fix.
- 2 oz Kahlua
- 4 oz Iced Coffee
- Milk your choice
- Fill a highball glass half-full with ice.
- 2.25 oz Kahlua
- 4 oz iced coffee
- Add your milk of choice.
A michelada can be described as a beer/Bloody Mary mix. Although they may look similar, a Bloody Mary requires vodka while a michelada uses Mexican beer. This is a great way to give your beer of choice a brunch makeover.
- Corona (or any other Mexican beer)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Serve in a beer mug.
- Place a lemon or lime wedge around the rim.
- Salt the mug’s rim.
- Clamato can be used to fill the mug up to a quarter of its capacity.
- Fill the remainder of the mug up with Mexican beer of choice.
- You can also add a little Worcestershire sauce.
- You can also add a little Tabasco hot sauce.
- Garnish the dish with a lime or lemon wedge.
There is nothing better than a freshly brewed cup of coffee that you look forward to each morning. You can add a shot whiskey to your coffee. You can enjoy Irish coffee all year, or make it a St. Patrick’s Day tradition. Patrick’s Day cocktails are a tradition.
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1.5 oz Irish whiskey
- Whippet cream
- Make sure to fill a mug with hot, fresh coffee
- Add 1.5 oz Irish whiskey.
- Serve with whipped cream.